AWWA Customer Service Certificate Program
NC AWWA-WEA is pleased to sponsor training for customer service professionals in the water and wastewater industry. This training is also a good introductory class for those entering the water industry as it provides a broad spectrum of information.
The AWWA Customer Service Certificate Program is designed to offer standardized training to Customer Service Representatives and other water and wastewater utility staff who have contact with customers in the community served. The Certificate Program consists of 3 courses. The objective of the program is to establish a level of core competency in customer service and knowledge of basics of water and wastewater treatment, regulations, and challenges. The content of each course is described below and is delivered using lecture, individual self-assessments, videos, group discussions and role play practice sessions.
The Certificate Program consists of 3 courses that are 12 hours each and approved for CEU’s for Water Operators by the NCWTFOCB.
Schedule for 2014 Courses:
September 23-26, 2014 in Lillington
Registration will be available at a later date.
The cost is $200 per course or a combined registration of $550 for all three courses.
Course 1 – Customer Relationship Building
- Communication Styles
- Globalization & Demographics
- Listening Skills & Teamwork
- Telephone Etiquette
- Assertive Responder Skills
Course 2 – The Business of Customer Service
- The Business of Customer Service and Customer Relationships
- Customer Diversity and the Water Utility Service Market
- Technology and Customer Service Effectiveness
- Assertive Responder Skills (Urgent Situations)
Course 3 – Water Industry Operations
- Water and the Workforce of the 21st Century
- Environmental Quality, Water Treatment and Society Conservation, Watersheds, and Related Issues
- The Increasing Need for Teamwork in Utility Organizations